Welcome to MUHAS
The Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences (MUHAS) is a successor to the Muhimbili University College of Health Sciences (MUCHS), which was a constituent College of the University of Dar es Salaam. MUCHS was established by an Act of Parliament, Act No 9 of 1991, when the then Faculty of Medicine was upgraded to a College.
Studying at MUHAS
We welcome you to Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences (MUHAS), which is the first Public University for Health Sciences in Tanzania. We commend you for your interest to know about MUHAS and you will get all information related to studying in the University as you go through this website. In summary the University offers a variety of programmes in Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Nursing, Public Health, Laboratory and Allied Sciences, at diploma, undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
Teaching Methodology for Educational and Health Care Professionals.
Starting date: 12th September to 21st October 2016,
Venue: MUHAS, Dar Es Salaam. Download the Advert
Introduction to Global Health (GH 101)
Starting date : 6th to 28th August 2016, Venue: MUHAS, Dar Es Salaam. Download the Advert
Iron Deficiency and Anaemia in Heart Failure
A novel study from MUHAS has provided information from Tanzania that shows that iron deficiency (ID) and anaemia (low amount of red blood cells in the body) are common and harmful in individuals with heart failure (HF). Read More!
Research Links and Collaborations
- Follow up of Quarter Four Meals and Accomodation Payment
- Workshop on Marketing and Promotion of Information Services
- Re-advertisement-Call for Proposals TB Operational Research
- Interview Guide and Mentors/Mentees Form
- Benchmarking Initiative
- Applications for Admission into the Undergraduate Degree and Diploma Programmes 2016-2017
- Employment Opportunities - Tutorial Assistants (4 Positions)
- Press Release: Funding for MUHAS Academic Medical Centre - Mloganzila
- Google Scholar Citations
PROCUREMENT & TENDERS ADVERTS
- Invitation for International Pre-Qualification-Supply of Dental Materials, Instruments and Equipment
- Invitation to Bid For Pre-Qualification of Minor Works Constructions
- General Procurement Notice
- Expression of Interest for Consultancy Service for Design and Supervision of Construction of Multipurpose Building
The University Library is the largest national collection of health/medical resources materials. Its main function is to provide Library documentation services to support health/ medical services, research and teaching at the University.Read More!
The University provides ICT services to academic staff, students, researchers and administrative staff. These services include e-mail services, internet services, telephone services, ICT training services, consultancy services,.