Vision and Mission
To become a centre of excellence for training health professionals, quality research and public service, located in a spacious area, with a state of the art University hospital, conducive learning environment and sustainable resource generation.
To seek for quality health through education, training, research and health services for attainment of equitable socio-economic development.
Functions of the University
- To provide in Tanzania a place of learning, education, research in health sciences
- To prepare students through regular and professional courses in the fields of health and allied health sciences for degrees, diplomas, certificates and other awards
- To contribute to the intellectual life of Tanzania
- To be the main supplier of key policy makers, experts and personnel in the health sector.
- To be a catalyst in the health sector reforms through conducting relevant research and educating the public in health related issues