Vision and Mission
A university excelling in quality training of health professionals, research and public services
with conducive learning and working environment.
To provide quality training, research and services in health and related fields for attainment of equitable socioeconomic
development for Tanzanian community and beyond.
Functions of the University
- To provide in Tanzania a place of learning, education, research in health sciences
- To prepare students through regular and professional courses in the fields of health and allied health sciences for degrees, diplomas, certificates and other awards
- To contribute to the intellectual life of Tanzania
- To be the main supplier of key policy makers, experts and personnel in the health sector.
- To be a catalyst in the health sector reforms through conducting relevant research and educating the public in health related issues