In order to realize the vision and fulfill its mission, MUHAS shall be guided by the following values:
- Social responsibility, accountability and leadership in responding to issues and expectations of the society.
- Public accountability through transparent decision-making, open review, responsible and efficient use of resources.
- Institutional autonomy through self-governing structures and greater independence in action while being responsive to societal needs.
- Professional and ethical standards of the highest order, practiced through openness, honesty, tolerance and respect for the individual.
- Equity and social justice with regard to gender, religion, ethnicity and other social characteristics.
- Academic freedom in critical thought and enquiry as well as the open exchange of ideas and knowledge.
- Academic integrity and professional excellence in teaching, research and service provision.
- Nationalism and internationalism in scholarly activities of national and global concerns,roductivity, innovation and entrepreneurship in all activities of the University underpinned by a dedication to quality, efficiency and effectiveness.
Human Resource of the highest quality capable of enhancing the realization of the vision and mission of the University.
- The right to enjoy intellectual, social, cultural and recreational opportunities, for students and staff.