The course offers basic knowledge, skills and attitude of Palliative care services in Tanzania and is designed to impart health workers with appropriate knowledge and improved skills on how to manage pain and symptoms to patients with life threatening illnesses.
The course is designed to provide Knowledge, skills and correct attitudes to practice of palliative care for pain and symptoms management to patients with terminal illnesses and life limiting illnesses in health facilities in Tanzania. The course also intended to produce a cadre of health professionals in Tanzania who posses the skills to practice and integrate palliative care in their continuum of care.
After completion of this course the participants should be able to;-
1. Gain knowledge and skills in Palliative care provision so that they are able to meet the increasing palliative care needs of the patients within the country and beyond.
2. Demonstrate good attitude and ability in handling complex palliative care needs in varying situations during provision of health care services.
3. Provide Palliative care services to Patients in Tanzania and beyond.
4. Demonstrate knowledge of the contextual variables influencing the provision of Palliative care in Tanzania and beyond.
5. Demonstrate skills on how to manage pain and symptoms to patients with life threatening illnesses and life limiting illnesses
6. Promote interdisciplinary and family involvement in
treatment and care.
Click here to download to the Application form
P.O. Box 65001, Dar es Salaam ,
Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences
Fax : 255-022-2150465,
Phone : +255 0222151596
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org Website : https://www.muhas.ac.tz
© 2018 Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences. All Rights Reserved. SiteMap Disclaimer